Monday 2 September 2013

Summer Summery

Summer is over and it's back to reality. (For those of you who don't know, I work at a school so the glorious summer break has come to an end)

Every day is a challenge in small ways and some days in slightly bigger ways. But this was my first
summer living with MS. I didn't go away but I didn't need to! The glorious summer days here were enough to handle.

As you may have seen in earlier posts at the beginning of the summer, the heat caused my second major relapse resulting in Optic Neuritis. I lost the sight in my right eye for 5 days before I was put on an incredibly high dose of steroids, with its own set of side effects, to bring my sight back to perfection over the course of a week. I have never appreciated seeing so much in ALL my life! 

As a result I decided to be the ultimate tourist in London!

MS doesn't and shouldn't stop you from doing anything

I learned very quickly that I need to pace myself. Learn your limitations and work within them not against them. If you push yourself too hard you will fall backwards. If you do whats right for you, you'll soon find you're doing more than you could ever imagine.

Here's my summer in pictures...


BUCKINGHAM PALACE: STATE ROOMS & QUEENS CORONATION EXHIBITION 
(I Heart Norman Hartnell and yes I will drop in the fact that he is an OLD MILLHILLIAN!)




























V&A MUSEUM: FASHION THROUGH THE AGES AND THE 80'S EXHIBITION



 A TRIP TO DEVON WITH EMMA









KENWOOD BAKE OFF AND VARIOUS AFTERNOON TEAS (Paleo Paleo Paleo right? hmmm...)








NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM (OBVIOUSLY. If I were a dinosaur I would be the small one in the bottom centre...what a dude)




All in all I had a wonderful summer in London and was able to do and see so much. I'm so happy I got to experience so much and it's also doubled as research and inspiration for my Wedding Planning, Styling and Design course which I started this summer also!!

Until tomorrow...

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment