Monday 28 September 2015

Every Little Helps

I was fortunate enough to have a long weekend as I had Friday off work which was a great opportunity to de-stress, re-focus and relax. Last week was really difficult and stressful for several reasons and it was SO important that I made the decision to get myself out of the negative and anxious mind set I was in. 

For me, MS symptoms and relapses can be triggered by stress. So taking a calm approach plays a huge part in the success of my wellbeing. 

I REFUSE to let myself get stressed over unnecessary problems. After all there is ALWAYS a solution.

However, last week (for the first time in a long time) I let my thoughts and feelings get the better of me. I could almost feel the MS starting to surface again. So on Friday morning when I woke up I made the decision to override all the drama and negative thoughts and re-focused my energy into boosting positivity all around me. 

First of all I cooked a healthy, substantial and energising breakfast made up of eggs, avocado and sun dried tomatoes on rye bread. I trained at my favourite North London gym; Blueprint, and worked my arse off lifting weights until I could't do any more. I can't explain how amazing training at the gym makes me feel and how much of a positive effect it has on beating the MS. It's something I never want to fall out of habit again. It's a part of my lifestyle and above all it's empowering. 

I then explored using different ingredients to create clean and healthy sweet treats such a s protein brownies, protein pancakes and caramel swirls. (Recipes to go up shortly - watch this space) 

I spent the rest of the weekend feeling stronger and strong and even trained again on Sunday at David Lloyd where I did upper body weights followed by some LISS training on the cross trainer. 

All that was left was to stimulate my creative mind and inspire myself to continue pushing through the tough world that is the fashion industry.. so off I went to the Louis Vuitton Series 3 exhibition. 

All I needed was a little TLC and to remind myself how strong I actually am. It's so important to maintain a level of self belief and confidence in the ability to beat MS. I truly believe that through the lifestyle I live and the choices I make, I WILL BEAT THIS CONDITION. 

So far so good. 

:-) 

P xx

No comments:

Post a Comment