Tuesday 1 March 2016

"MY LIFE IS MY MESSAGE"



Some really amazing and exciting things have been happening recently which I'm super excited to be able to share with everyone!

It's pretty obvious that I'm hugely passionate about raising awareness of MS and I'm really trying to change the perception of what it is to live with MS.

I'm fortunate enough to be doing REALLY well with managing the condition but it certainly hasn't been easy and has had some incredibly low points at times as well as some really great moments where I've truly surprised myself. I want to share my story with as many people as possible and work together with charities, organisations, schools, the media...(basically everyone!) to try and create a NEW UNDERSTANDING of the condition and hopefully INSPIRE those living with MS, those being newly diagnosed each day and those who support others living with MS. 

It's really a JOURNEY for EVERYONE and in my eyes it's going to be a POWERFUL MOVEMENT. One step at a time. 

As I've mentioned before, I set myself 4 big goals at the beginning of each year and this year one of them was to raise my profile within the MS community and really push for some changes in how people perceive this condition. 

In February I was contacted by a health and wellbeing agency with regards to a new initiative that focuses on the daily challenges of those living with MS and the importance of working together to make a true impact, and help others within the community.

Of course I was SO excited to be contacted and to be able to share my story. It was really inspiring to speak to the team and for them to be so interested in what I had to say and it really seems like we're trying to achieve similar goals. 

So two weeks ago I headed up to their offices in Manchester for the day to have some pictures taken, a bit of filming (in the cold!) followed by a couple of hours of interview filming. I've done a bit of this before and I feel totally comfortable in front of a camera; especially as I'm speaking about something I'm so passionate about. But even still it was a little nerve wracking and my MS occasionally got the better of me and I was losing track of my thoughts and probably rambled on a bit!

A few snaps from the day... 




The best bit was saved for last when I jumped in a taxi off to the recording studio!! 
New album out soon... 

Definitely not. Haha. Just recording some voice-overs but I can safely say it was my first time in the recording studio, drumstick lolly in hand; I felt like a rock star. HA!


Anyway.. All of this is launching reallllllly soon so **WATCH THIS SPACE** 

I know that shouting about MS isn't everyone’s way of dealing with it and I'm learning that the more I attend market research meetings and MS events where others tell me that they don't tell their friends or the people they work with and just keep it quiet. I'm learning to respect that, as being a loud mouth isn't everyone’s way of life!! Just mine. The funny thing is that I'm actually quite quiet in other situations but when it comes to MS I just want the world to know and I want to make some changes in the MS community. 

Hopefully by working with these Health Care Agencies, MS charities, production companies, media and the rest.. I can make a change to the lives of those affected by the condition and all that it comes with. I have chosen to live my life in a particular way and now I'm successfully beating MS but it's taken a long time of trial and error to find the ways.

POSITIVITY, PERSISTENCE and CONSISTENCY are key factors in my success. I will continue to fight to beat MS once and for all. 

I just want to say; Thank you SO much to the wonderful team at in Manchester for being SO welcoming and interested in what I had to say.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the final outcome and what else I can work on in the future :-) 


P x

No comments:

Post a Comment