Monday 20 May 2013

i ♡ NYC

I've been struggling a bit recently with aches and pains. I feel like an old woman most of the time, in pain getting out of bed or getting up from a chair. I'm trying to save all my energy for my trip to NYC on Friday. Learning to prioritise my day is essential to keeping myself upright!

Words can't describe how excited I am for NYC...only 4 sleeps to go!


I've been taking my injectable medication (Rebif) on time, three days a week, and have prepared everything to take it with me to New York. I've only been taking it for a couple of months but I really hope it will help me from suffering any form of relapse while i'm away. Despite the fluey symptoms which I get most days, It's worth it all in the long run.

The temperature is set to be pretty high so i'll need to find some cooling methods to take with me...

STAYING COOL

1. Replace usual moisturiser for Aloe Vera moisturiser - helps lower the skins temperature.  
2. Run wrists under cold water tap every couple of hours
3. Take tepid showers, not cold showers, as the body makes up for loss of heat after a cold shower.
4. Eat little and often and avoid high protein foods as they increase metabolic heat (paleo diet goes out the window)

My list of things to do before I go is finally starting to go down!

1. Playlist for ipod & ipad - plane (it's a girlie trip with my Rhi Rhi so N'sync, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Michael Jackson etc... is essential!)
2. Confirm Travel Insurance
3. Pack medication in to really tragic school trip looking medical cool bag
4. Collect over priced dry cleaning and pack
5. Squeeze in one last gym session
6. Change up more dollars
7. Mani Pedi

I'm off to get a long nights sleep now before my pre holiday dental check up early tomorrow morning!

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment