Thursday 6 June 2013

"I've fallen head over heels in LOVE with the City" - NYC

That's right...I made it back in one piece! The Nemo arm is back BUT I have a new found love for New York City - excluding the excess dairy, carbs and gluten of course.

As much as I like to be unique, different, stand out... I am essentially your typical young 23 year old girl with a love for all things fashion. So of course I fell head over heels in LOVE with Manhattan.

Sex and the City style... Labels and Love. 


What is there not to love about the city?

G.L.A.M.O.R.O.U.S

I literally forgot all about my MS... I ran free and wild across the city. I saw (almost) everything I wanted to see but each day I thought i'd crossed things off my list, more popped up. This city is never ending. Every corner you turn and every person you meet has someplace new and undiscovered to take you.

The highlight of the trip had to be standing at the top of the Rockefeller Centre at 9am on a clear blue sky morning looking over Manhattan and it's infamous Central Park. I'm not lying when I say it actually made me emotional! Much to many peoples amusement, it's been an actual dream of mine to see this exact view. I've wanted to stand so high above the city and look over New York City for so long, I always imagined it would fill me with inspiration, and boy did it. A silence and peace came over me when I stood and looked over the skyscrapers so small. They looked so 'regular' from the Top of the Rock. Like a lego land. A play town.

WHAT DO YOU FEEL WHEN YOU REALLY LOOK OVER THE CITY?

I FEEL...

EMPOWERED HUMBLED INSPIRED LOVED RAW ENERGISED CLEANSED CLEAR FRESH START PASSION MOTIVATED DREAM ROMANCE ENDLESS COURAGE DETERMINATION I SEE SUCCESS FREEDOM LIMITLESS


NEW YORK put a lot of things in to perspective for me. I let myself have fun, I let go and I did what I wanted to do. I went out and I had fun, I ate all the foods I wanted to eat and I did all the shopping I wanted to do. I've had to pay for it because I'm currently going through what I believe to be a minor relapse... I've gradually lost feeling in my right arm, right side of my back and chest and have started dropping things again. I REFUSE point blank to let this affect my life in a negative way. SO...back to the gym i trot...back on the rabbit food and Fiji water...but IT IS ALL WORTH IT.

I will happily live an overly cautious and healthy lifestyle 90% of the year if it means I can fulfil goals like the one to go to New York for the other 10%. Having MS doesn't mean you can't have it all...It means you have to be more disciplined in how you go about getting it. It's a clever illness and it's one which likes to challenge and push you to your limits, so I say; take on the challenge and beat MS.

I won't bore you with my entire trip...but please do enjoy a few photos I took and tell me...

WHAT DO YOU SEE AND FEEL WHEN YOU REALLY LOOK?












I see a really happy girl. I don't see MS.


P x

No comments:

Post a Comment