Friday 7 June 2013

Miami Heat

Heat and MS:

*Heat causes MS patients to experience heat intolerance

What does it feel like?

- Decreased cognitive functions
- Numbness 
- Fatigue
- Blurred Vision
- Tremor
- Weakness

EVEN A SLIGHT INCREASE OF AS LITTLE AS 1/4 OR 1/2 DEGREE IN THE BODY'S CORE TEMPERATURE CAN CAUSE HEAT INTOLERANCE

It's definitely going to be a while before I'm back on the beach roasting myself, lying in the sun reading, hours passing by as my skin gets gradually more crisp and honey glazed! 

I'm incredibly sensitive to heat these days and even the recent rise in temperature in London has set off some inflammations somewhere in my brain or spinal chord. I believe that might be the cause of this recent relapse where i've lost a little feeling in my upper right side. This just means asking mummy to carry on paying for weekly massages, organic food and of course help me out with the Personal Training costs! Thanks mama :) Love you. 

The really annoying thing is that Vitamin D (the vitamin you get from sunlight) is actually vital in preventing relapses! So I can have sun but not the heat...Catch 22.

I'm thinking... 

Skiing holidays, British SummerBeach Days, Cornwall, Brighton, New York, City Breaks, Lake District, Paris, Germany, Water Sports!

I'm taking a moment to reminisce about my past holidays and my love for tanning...knowing I wont be going on a sunny holiday this year did upset me for a moment or two but I have more exciting, slightly different things lined up for a summer in the UK. Watch this space...

Reminisce with me...




P x

*ref 1. (http://ms.about.com/od/signssymptoms/a/heat_intoleranc.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment