Tuesday 14 October 2014

Tongue tied

I've experienced a new symptom for the past couple of days and it's actually really weird. 

So on Sunday I thought I'd burnt my tongue on hot chocolate as I'd lost the feeling on it and couldn't really taste my food. Then today I woke up and my bottom lip was numb as well... makes it awkward when you're trying to drink a glass of water, so the straws are on hand!

The only way I can describe it is like when you burn your mouth on a hot drink OR when you've had numbing injections at the dentist and you're starting to regain feeling - the tingling stage in the lip - the stage where you haven't quite got 100% control over what your lips are doing. 

This is a totally new symptom to me so I wasn't even sure I could relate it to MS. Having checked with my MS Nurse and not Google (which suggested I had a brain tumour... of course), it became clear that this is a NEW MS symptom for me. And a weird one at that.

Has anyone else experienced this?????????????

It did make me feel much better when NBA Milwaukee player and fellow MS-er, Chris Wright, tweeted me to say he had experienced once before too and it does go away! 

It's safe to say that not only do I now hold a glass with both hands to make sure my numb hands don't drop it, I'm now permamenetly drinking out of that glass/ mug of tea (!), with a straw! #TrendSetter


P x

No comments:

Post a Comment