Monday 19 January 2015

Rest & Recovery

Making sure I get 8 hours SLEEP a night is a key factor in CONTROLLING MS. 

It makes such a difference. But it's important not to seep TOO much as this can make fatigue worse. I get into bed around 9pm every night and try to be asleep by 10pm. This way I can start every day at 6am and have time to make the ESSENTIAL protein breakfast to set me up for the day :) 

I train hard in the gym and follow a strict routine of 2 cardio sessions, 1 HIIT aand 3 weights sessions a week. A combination of this + a sugar free diet allows me to be in control of my body and my condition. This will only work if I also give my body plenty of rest and recovery time. Therefore SLEEP time is ME time :) 

For reasons I'll explain better in my nutrition post, I also have a bowl of porridge every other night before bed. I make it with almond milk and top it with a couple of strawberries. This releases serotonin slowly and helps me sleep better therefore I recover better. = BEATING MS




Today was 6am cardio, a long day at work followed by coursework so It's 8.20pm and I'm already in bed! Movie night for me and I'll be sleeping like a baby by 10pm. 

Tonight's movie - BEST OF ME 

Sweet dreams people...

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment