Wednesday 13 February 2013

So Many Activities!

This one is in response to all the wonderful messages I have received on Twitter... 

Some of you have said how inspired you are by how active I am so soon after my diagnosis.. well.. let's get cheesy and say 'when one door closes another one opens'. 

Without MS I wouldn't:

1. Have a wonderful Personal Trainer who has helped me begin building my strength back and dedicated a lot of time and effort into researching MS and how to help from a physical point of view. Antony has also become my nutritionist suggesting I keep a food diary which we analyse and tweak on a weekly basis. I have cut out Guten and Dairy (chocolate not included...NEVER) which has been known to really make a difference to those with Multiple Sclerosis. I see him once a week and he has set up a plan for me all the days in-between. Some work out sessions I can do in the comfort of my own home too! This commitment and support has made me feel SO much better and is totally different to the support you get from family or friends. 

- Antony Christodoulou (David Lloyd North Finchey) 

2. Go to Portugal AND NYC in the next 3 months: Portugal is a treat from my family as i'm told I can't get too hot...so an out of season beach holiday to my favourite European beach town of Lagos is PERFECT!

NYC has been a long time coming...It's been one of those places I've ALWAYS wanted to go but never found the right reason or money...wellll who needs reasons now...'YOLO'! haha
I am going with my best friend Rhiannon on May 24th for a week and we have so many things planned!! Nothing is going to stop me.

3. Have A Manicure Every Week: It sounds so superficial but i have constant pins and needles/ numbness in my right arm so I can't look after my own nails..something a girlie girl like me loves to do. It also frustrates me enough that I can't do a lot with my right hand so for it to look bad too is just even more annoying! 

I've even found an affordable way to do so... A manicure once a month costs from £15-£25 and then all the weeks in-between I have a re-polish for £5. It works out perfectly and I always have nice nails even if i have a Nemo arm..at least it's looking gooooood.

4.Have A Massage Once A Week: This is one of the best ones... To get my circulation going I have a massage once a week working on my neck and back and focusing on my right arm and hand. I get an amazing tingling feeling from it which is great when i spend the rest of the week with no sensation at all..but this really is a great stress reliever and keeps me very relaxed after the build up of daily gym sessions. 

what i'm trying to say is; As well as the bad, there are so many amazing things MS has brought into my life..

5. Friends I've not spoken to for years have been in touch and I've seen a different side to a lot of people I've never really spoken to before.
6. I've met so many new people 
7. My family are closer than ever
8. That weight loss I'd been trying to shift since last year ;) always a good thing

I'm not quite well enough to go back to work yet but i'm building strength and hopefully next week i'll be there on Monday ready for my first day back

KEEP ACTIVE.. It means a healthy mind which is key 

Activities!


P x

No comments:

Post a Comment