Sunday 24 March 2013

I don't need

No one can hold you back but yourself. Nothing can stop you from doing something but yourself. The whole world could be pushing you forward but if you don't want it or believe it you wont be moving anywhere. I have lived the past 8 years believing I need someone by my side to survive, to be happy and to succeed. I've never been ok on my own or at least I never thought I would be ok on my own. Aged 15 I had my first boyfriend of two and a half years...Then my next of a year and a half and my next of two and a half years. These three people, all so different, all with their own qualities, helped me along my way and at times I didn't think I could survive without them by my side. When I was diagnosed with MS I felt a sudden survival instinct of independence. I felt like a fight in me. Like I don't NEED anyone else to over come this. I felt free of my own thoughts making me believe that I NEEDED that relationship to be happy and succeed. I am on my own now but never before have I felt surrounded by so many people. By letting the idea of needing just one person go, I have opened up my mind to being content with myself and in turn I've made some of the closest friends I could wish for. I've learned to believe in myself, have confidence in my decisions and not to rely on others to make my dreams come true. I don't NEED anything or anyone, I am however incredibly grateful to know the people around me. No one can hold you back but yourself. Nothing can stop you from doing something but yourself.

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment