Saturday 2 March 2013

First Day



It felt like my first day of school again [insert embarrassing childhood photo].

03-09-1994



25-02-2013 



Everyone is going to be staring at me, what will people say? Do people even care? Has anyone even noticed I’ve not been there? Will people laugh when they see I cant walk in a straight line or talk slightly slurred at times? What about when I have to write something down…I can’t hold a pen or even write my own name. What if I drop something? There is no way I’m having lunch in the big hall with everyone, I wont be able to balance everything on the tray and walk with it AND select my food AND get a drink AND pick up cutlery…[and breathe.]

It’s safe to say I had a lot of thoughts running through my mind with the thought of going back to work and ironically I work at a school…

I’m determined to be successful and although I might not be attending high profile events or even assisting organizing them any more, I’m back at work and that feels so good. People can say what they like but I’ve stopped competing with friends from school and comparing myself to where they are in life. I’ve been given a different route to an even bigger and better destination.

P xx

“Be the greatest man in history, the greatest man that you can be, just be.” – James Yuill 

No comments:

Post a Comment